Fifteen Comal Independent School District athletes signed letters of intent or committed to play their sport of choice at the collegiate level during what would have been Spring Signing Day earlier this month. While these athletes were not able to celebrate surrounded by their coaches, families and friends in the high school gymnasium, they are still being recognized for their achievements.
Canyon High School
- Kirstyn Drum, basketball, University of Texas at Dallas
- Callon Farr, baseball, Frank Phillips College
- Ethan Laws, wrestling, Ohio Wesleyan University
- Matti Theurer, volleyball, Tarleton State University
- Kirsten Zaruba, basketball, University of Mary Hardin-Baylor
Canyon Lake High School
- Marley Carrizales, softball, Schreiner University
- Madison Churbe, track, Dallas Baptist University
Smithson Valley High School
- Luke Gombert, football, University of North Texas
- Esther Hicks, soccer, Southwester Christian University
- Austin Kenwisher, basketball, Southwestern College in Kansas
- Dane Morris, soccer, New Mexico State University
- Amechi Nwaeze, swim, The University of Iowa
- Carson Padilla, football, Sul Ross State University
- Joaquin Rodriguez, football, Texas Lutheran University
- Zarek Urrutia, soccer, University of Chester (International Academic and Soccer Academy).
-Five Canyon High School athletes signed letters of intent to play their sport of choice at the collegiate level. Pictured from left on top is Matti Theurer and Kirsten Zaruba. From left bottom is Kirstyn Drum, Callon Farr and Ethan Laws.
-Amechi Nwaeze signed his letter of intent to swim for The University of Iowa.
-SVHS senior Luke Gombert committed to play football at the University of North Texas in the fall.