Free flu shots will be available for all Comal ISD students, age 4 years and older, on Friday, Oct. 23, at the following schools and times at:
- Canyon Lake HS – 9:00-11:00 a.m.
- Davenport HS – 9:00-11:00 a.m.
- Canyon HS – 12:00-2:00 p.m.
- Smithson Valley HS – 12:00-2:00 p.m.
(These times and locations are tentative and subject to change depending on demand)
Remember: Oct. 23 is a student holiday to give teachers and campus staff an opportunity to make operational adjustments related to student changes in instructional delivery options.
Students can sign up for a shot at comalisd.org/flu/. On the form, parents will be asked to indicate a preferred flu shot location.
Students need to download and complete the appropriate consent form on the site and bring it to their vaccination location on Oct. 23.
Sign up for a clinic is not required, but it will help the district plan to have enough vaccine and staff available at each location.
Participants are asked to bring an insurance or Medicaid card, if you have one. However, shots are free – there will be no out-of-pocket charges for insured or uninsured students.
Reduce the Risk
It’s important to get a flu shot this fall. Not only will your student reduce the risk of catching the flu, but they also will help conserve health care resources during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Like the coronavirus, simple steps can be taken to help reduce the spread of the flu:
- Cover coughs and sneezes.
- Wash hands often with soap and water or an alcohol-based hand rub.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces and objects that may be contaminated with viruses that cause flu.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- If someone becomes sick, they should limit contact with others.