April 22, 2021 - Nine student-athletes from Canyon High School celebrated a big milestone with families, teammates and coaches on Wednesday. They each signed National Letters of Intent to play the sport of their choice at the collegiate level.
This marks the final signing day for the Cougars this school year and represents the culmination of years of hard work from early morning until late at night with practice, lessons, wins and losses.
Among the nine, one is planning to play baseball in college; two, bowling; one, cheer; three, football; one, volleyball; and one, tennis.
- Michael Bassett, Midland College
- Kai Evans, Wichita State University
- Jalyne Myers, Coppin State University.
- YaNai Taylor, Texas State University
- Dallas Gomez, Concordia University of Nebraska
- Gavin Payne, Hardin-Simmons University
- Micah Williford, Wayland Baptist University.
- Rien Solis, Texas Lutheran University
- Addison Evans, University of Texas at Tyler
-Canyon High School student-athletes signed National Letters of Intent Wednesday, April 21, to play the sport of their choice at the collegiate level. Pictured front row from left are Rien Solis, YaNai Taylor, Jalyne Myers, Addison Evans and Micah Williford. Pictured back row from left are Kai Evans, Michael Bassett, Gavin Payne and Dallas Gomez.